High School Musical, Here I Come

Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 by Greg in
1

First off, my apologies for the wicked long delay for a new post. I got all pumped on posting every day, then work hit me like a Tyson punch and made a week pass like it was nothing.

I don't talk about my work often, because I don't think many people would give a damn about the job itself, but I work in production here in Los Angeles. The niche I would love to fall into permanently is music videos and commercials. I have worked on some cool ones before, and ultimately I would love to direct. But, thats far down the road. Right now, I'm just glad to get on assisting where I can.

For whatever reason, "where I can" right now is the least likely place I would have imagined. For every one day I work production, I work at least 5 as a direct assistant to two Hollywood wardrobe stylists. Two legit-as-hell, name a celebrity and they have dressed them, people know who they are type stylists. Let me make this clear right now: I have NO IDEA how this happened. I have ZERO fashion training. I basically only know how to throw something together at H&M/Express for a weekend night out, but it ends there. They say this city is right place right time, and I guess thats me. Go figure.

Anywho, because of this I find myself on various sets around HollyHood. A majority of them seem to include high-school age actors. It's no secret that young-adults have the most money to blow, so it makes sense. So, at almost every shoot, we're making a couple of 17-year olds look ballin' as hell.

I am 22 years old. I graduated college. If I walk onto one more set and get asked by the coordinator which TEEN ACTOR I am, I am going to die my hair gray just on principle. I mean go ahead, click the little profile thing on here. If that picture makes me look 17, tell me now. Because if thats the case, I will essentially just give up on both women and production for a while and try to land a spot on Glee. I mean I might as well.

Commence the Gary Coleman jokes.

1 comments:

  1. wow...Hollywood...I wouldn't care looking 17...don't complain! Soon enough (8 years will fly) you'll want people to think you're still in your 20s